In Billings Public Schools, we work to provide safe environments for our students to learn. This includes all online environments.
Montana Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce
Tips for Families
- Conduct "Random Cell Phone Checks" with your children
- Adopt an attitude of healthy skepticism toward websites that offer prizes or giveaways.
- Tell your children never to give out their address, telephone number, password, school name, or any other personal information.
- Make sure your children know to never agree to meet face-to-face with someone they’ve met online.
- Tell your children never to respond to messages that have bad words, are scary, or just seem weird.
- Tell your children never to enter an area that charges for services without asking you first.
- Tell children never send a picture of themselves to anyone without your permission.